The defender of Real Madrid, Ricardo Carvalho, has said that he is delighted with the way his team has started the New Year.
Real Madrid has won both the matches that it has played this year. The first was a La Liga match against Real Sociedad which Madrid won by a close margin of 4-3 and then, in the Copa Del Rey clash against Celta Vigo, the Madrid players looked in great touch. Madrid thrashed Celta by a big margin of 4-0. That match was played at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo was the hero of Madrid’s victory against Celta. He scored a hat trick and made sure that his team would secure a big victory over Celta. Semi Khedira also scored a goal for Madrid in that match.
Talking to the reporters after the match against Celta, Carvalho said, “We have started brilliantly this year and we would like to carry on this momentum throughout the second half of the league. The first half didn’t go very well for us, but, we can make up for it if we remain consistent in the second half.”
“In the match against Sociedad, we had made a few errors, but, today, the boys were at the top of their games. These types of convincing victories lift the spirit of the whole team.”
When asked about the performance of Cristiano Ronaldo, Carvalho said, “He was in great form in the first half of the league and he has carried on that form in the New Year as well. That’s very good news for us.”
“We can’t afford to lose too many games from this stage. But, we don’t need to think too much ahead either. We just need to take it match by match and see how it goes.”
Raul Albiol and Ricardo Carvalho might be leaving Real Madrid during the mid season transfer window as both the players have not been getting starting opportunities. In the ongoing season, these two players have hardly got the opportunity to feature for Madrid.
The manager of Real Madrid, Jose Mourinho, had already said before the start of the season that it would be pretty tough for Carvalho to find a place in the starting XI and he might not get even a single starting opportunity in the whole season. Mourinho had also said that if Carvalho wanted to leave the club, he could do so.
But, Carvalho decided to stay with the club until the completion of the contract. On the other hand, Albiol’s contract was extended before the start of the season and he was expected to get a few starting opportunities, but, he has also been kept out of the starting XI in most of the matches.
There have been a few reports that these two players might join AC Milan in January. AC Milan has been struggling with defensive problems since the start of the season and they have lost 6 out of the 14 matches that they have played in the Italian Serie A League so far. They have managed to win only 5 and the remaining three matches have finished without any result. They are currently at no. 8 in the Serie A points table with 18 points.
The authorities of AC Milan are looking to sign the defenders who are experienced and are available at cheap rates. So, Carvalho and Albiol are the best options for them.
It has also been reported that the vice president of AC Milan, Adriano Galliani, met with the authorities of Real Madrid a few days back and discussed about the transfer of these two centre backs.
The French club Paris St Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that the Real Madrid manager José Mourinho has to wait a long time before he can become the manager of the French club. José Mourinho is currently the manager of one of the most successful clubs in the world in the form of Real Madrid.
However, he has stated on numerous occasions that he would never be part of a club for a long time. He has also stated his ambition to win league titles with various clubs across the European continent. He has already won league titles with Portuguese, English, Italian, and Spanish clubs.
He is one of the few managers in the world to have won four league titles in four different countries. France and Germany remain two of the high profile countries José Mourinho is yet to manage. Even though the Portuguese manager has not stated his obvious desire to become a manager of a football club in either France or Germany, it is thought that the French club PSG will have the necessary aura to bring him to Paris. However, the former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti intends to stay for a long time at the French capital before giving his job to José Mourinho.
“Here in Paris there is a good feeling with all – the players, the fans, the club,” said Carlo Ancelotti in response to the comments made by José Mourinho. “I think being the champions in another country is a motivation for me. I was a champion in four countries, so why not a fifth? Currently the PSG project is in the hands of quality people like Carlo Ancelotti and Leonardo. So, at this time the PSG don’t need another coach,” said the Real Madrid manager José Mourinho in a recent interview.
The former Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho’s days at Real Madrid look extremely less after he was left out of the pre-season tour for the United States by the manager José Mourinho, who was instrumental in bringing him to the Santiago Bernabeu a few seasons ago.
However, the Portuguese defender has been plagued by injuries during his short spell with the Spanish club. Ricardo Carvalho is best known for his FC Porto and Chelsea days, during which time he won almost every major title. The 34-year-old is coming to the end of his career and is likely to leave the club in the summer in search of regular first-team football.
José Mourinho said at the end of last season that he was not sure about the future of Carvalho, but would not prevent any move for the player becomes a player of his quality deserves to be starting regularly. However, due to the presence of players like Pepe and Sergio Ramos, he is unlikely to offer the promise of regular first-team football for the Portuguese at Santiago Bernabeu. Premier league club Tottenham have been linked with the player, while the Spanish club are also ready to offer him as part of the deal that would take Luka Modric to Real Madrid.
Even though Ricardo Carvalho has not been included in the squad for the US pre-season tour, other players who have been linked with a move away from the club like Sahin and Kaka are present in the squad. The Brazil international Kaka has been linked with a return to AC Milan, although the Italian club has ruled out making any offers for the 31-year-old. He has also been strongly linked with a move to French club PSG, which will see him reunited with his former manager Carlo Ancelotti.
Real Madrid manager José Mourinho has said that the former Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho is too good a player to be on the substitutes bench for Real Madrid.
The Portuguese defender once again joined hands with José Mourinho back in the summer of 2010 after he was captured for a transfer fee of £ 5 million. He has won league titles with FC Porto in Portugal, Chelsea in England, and now he has won the Spanish league title with Real Madrid. Despite this, it is expected that the Portuguese defender will be departing the club in the summer in order to get regular first-team football.
The 33-year-old is out of contract at the end of next season, but it is thought that Real Madrid will be willing to listen to offers for the player in the summer. Real Madrid have just finished top of the Spanish la Liga after a gap of four years, which has made it even more sweet. However, it looks unlikely that Ricardo Carvalho will be part of the Real Madrid team that looks set to defend the title next season. He has lost the starting spot to Sergio Ramos and Pepe this season. He has played very little football this season.
“My opinion regarding Carvalho is that he is too good not to be a starter. He’s won the league title in Portugal, England and Spain with me and we’ll decide what’s best for him in the near future,” said José Mourinho regarding the future of his fellow countryman. In the two years at Real Madrid, Ricardo Carvalho has made just 60 appearances. In his first season at Real Madrid, he was limited by a number of injury problems, but this season has been a major disappointment for the Portuguese.
Ricardo Carvalho has been ruled out of the El Clasico this weekend. Ricardo Carvalho is thought to be one of the main men for José Mourinho. He has played for the Portuguese under various different clubs including Chelsea. He was signed a few seasons ago just £ 5 million, but the Portuguese will not be involved in the huge clash against Barcelona.
However, this season Ricardo Carvalho has suffered a number of injuries that has kept him out of the team for long periods. He has been suffering from back problems all through the season, but he will be missing the match against Barcelona due to a pulled ligament in the right knee.
Real Madrid need to get at least a draw in the match against Barcelona in order to keep their position at the top of the table. They currently lead Barcelona by just three points, although the Catalan club has played game more than Real Madrid. It was thought that Carvalho will be fit by the time El Clasico arrived, but it is pretty obvious that he will not be involved in the match. This comes as a major blow for Real Madrid ahead of the crucial encounter, which could see Barcelona go ahead of Real Madrid should they win the match. This has been the case in the last few seasons, and one can certainly remember the 6-1 thrashing Barcelona handed out to Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernebeu.
In the few seasons José Mourinho has been in charge of Real Madrid, he has a pretty poor record against the Catalan club. So far, he has managed just one victory – coming in the final of the Copa Del Rey – against Barcelona, although he had huge success against the club with both Chelsea and Inter Milan.