Ricardo Carvalho is very happy with the way his new club AS Monaco has performed so far in the ongoing Ligue 1.
Carvalho signed for Monaco during the pre-season transfer window after he was released by his former club Real Madrid at the end of the last season. The Portuguese centre-back has made appearance in all the Ligue 1 games that Monaco has played so far in this season.
Monaco is currently at the top of the Ligue 1 points table with 10 points in 4 matches. However, they have to play some difficult matches in the next couple of weeks including the away game against the defending champions PSG.
Talking to the reporters a few days ago, Carvalho said, “We have had a terrific start. Hopefully, we will carry the good form on.”
“It has been an enjoyable few weeks for me here at Monaco. The guys are pretty supportive and friendly here.”
“I trained hard in the pre-season. So, my fitness is pretty good at the moment. I am happy with the way I am playing.”
When asked about his thoughts on Monaco squad, Carvalho said, “I wouldn’t say we have a settled squad. We are going through the building process and the start that we have got has certainly raised our confidence level.”
When asked about his thoughts on the recent international break, Carvalho said, “It’s definitely a bit frustrating for somebody like me who is in good rhythm. I would have preferred to continue. But, it’s good for the guys who have got little niggles. This break would help them get rid of those niggles.”
Monaco will play its next Ligue 1 game against FC Lorient. That game will be played at Stade Louis II on Sunday.